7 December 2014

Fairytale Retelling Reading Challenge 2015

The Daily Prophecy
The Daily Prophecy is hosting Fairytale Retelling Reading Challenge 2015 and I'm excited to be part of it. I noticed how I've read next to none retellings this year even though I have several of them on my TBR - and I'm so thrilled about the idea of retelling my childhood favourite fairytales and other tales. So besides Goodreads' Reading Challenge this is going to be first challenge I'm participating and I hope I'll meet my coals!

The Details:
The challenge runs from January 1st - December 31st 2015
 
The goal is to read fairytale retellings, but if you want you can also pick other retellings. It’s up to you what you count as a fairytale. Here are a couple of books you can pick from: my bookshelf with fairytale retellings and Fairytale lists on Listopia. You can read Middle Grade, Young Adult and Adult books for this challenge. Obviously, the book doesn't have to be published in 2015.
 
There are 6 different levels you can aim for:
- Prince Charming: 1 – 4 books.
- Magic mirror: 5 - 9 books.
- Big bad wolf: 10 – 15 books.
- The wise princess: 16 – 20 books.
- Wicked fairy Godmother: 21 – 25 books.
- Bluebeard: you are killing it! 26+ books.
 
 
I can't help but aim for Big Bad Wolf. Yeah, it's the name, I couldn't resist. But I also want to read as many retellings as possible and if I'm able to read ten during next year, I'm going to be really happy. I'm not good at deciding what I'll read but I'll link my Goodreads 'retellings' shelf so I'll read books from there. If you have any recommentations, feel free to say anytime and I'll check it out :)
 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge, it's going to be fun! Books I recommend to read:
    -Cinder; I never thought I liked sci-fi, but this opened my eyes. Very creative.
    -Cruel beauty; one of the best books I've read in 2014 & therefore one of my favorite books. So unique and the writing-style is gorgeous.

    I haven't read it yet, but I'm soooo excited for A court of thorns and roses :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommentations! I'll add Cinder on my TBR and Cruel Beauty is there already - now all I need is to get my hands on it. I've heard such a good things about it (and Beauty and the Beast is my favourite fairytale!) I'm excited about A Court of Thorns and Roses, too, it sounds almost sinfully good :D

      Delete
  2. I was tempted to sign up fo "Big bad wolf" too, just for the name. But I know how much I usually suck at keeping tarck with my challenges so I chose safety and aimed at "Prince charming", even if the name isn't as appealing ;)
    As for the books, I also recommend The Lunar Chronicles series. I'm looking forward to reading book 3 myself :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to do this challenge too! It is going to be so fun, I love re-tellings!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete