15 December 2014

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

 
I was nominated by my darling Saruuh. I'm honoured by this, thank you so much for the nomination! (and my sincere apologies for this taking so long)

The Rules:
1) Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
2) Post the award's logo on your blog.
3) Answer the 10 Questions That you have been asked.
4) Nominate 10 other bloggers and ask them 10 questions.
 
1. What was the first book you bought for yourself?
Oh boy, I'm so bad remembering this kind of stuff. Like, horrible. I'm just guessing here because I have no memory but it must have been some middle grade horse book (because I was pretty obsessed with horses, riding and books about horses while I was in elementary school).
 
2. Which book did you just finish?
The Circus of the Damned by Cornelia Grey and just before that Kaiken Se Kestää by Uma Karma (I read them at the same time, more or less). I've been on a little bit reading slump after those so I'm slowly reading a couple of different books right now.
 
3. If you could pick 2-3 authors to co-write a book, who would you choose?
This is evil question here, Saruuh! Totally unfair because I'm unable to choose. Hmm. I'd say Kelley York (because I love everything she writes, especially those darker themes and her character developement), Veronica Rossi (because for me, she's the queen of dystopia) and yes, I'm going to say Saruuh Kelsey (because I can, okay, I don't need reasons. Go read her books.)
 
Though, I'd love write a book in Finnish with Uma Karma, so I'm also going to name her.
 
4. What is your favourite book design? - not cover, but the inside (fancy chapter titles, page design etc.)
I've thought this over and over again and I've so much trouble deciding. Especially since it seems I can't find any book with unique design when I'm looking for, huh. My Finnish copies of Percy Jackson and Olympians by Rick Riordan have pretty neat chapter title design. The Lightning Thief has lightning, The Sea Monster has waves etc. AND The Merman and the Barbarian Pirate by Kay Berrisford has a pirate ship photo on every chapter title, it's so cool!
 
5. What book are you desperate to own?
What book I wouldn't love to own? I want them all! But at this moment (when I'm still on book bying ban so this question is almost cruel) I'm desperate to own Kaiken Se Kestää by Uma Karma. I need to own that book because then I can hug it day and night. And re-read it over and over again.
 
Also, if we're speaking about books that hasn't been published yet, then I have to mention Half Wild by Sally Green. March can't come soon enough!
 
6. Which book that you own smells the best?
I swear, Saruuh's question are both genious and so irritating because answering these question takes time. So, so much time. I'm going with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban because it smells like memories and dreams.
 
7. Is there a book you've been meaning to read forever but still haven't got around to it?
Way too many. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo has been sitting on my shelf over a year and even though I'm dying to read it, I haven't gotten around it yet. Also, Tremble by Jus Accardo but I've decided I'm not reading the before the fourth one of the Denazen series comes out (because Toxic ended with a terrible cliffhanger and I'm afraid Tremble will too).
 
8. Who is your least favourite character? The kind you reaaaaally want to strangle.
There's so many to choose from. I'm bad at saying ultimatums like the best and the least but I'm trying. Vivian from Hushed by Kelley York is one of my least favourites and I kinda hate her. I wouldn't feel bad at strangling her. Also Jessica from Half Bad by Sally Green deserves my hate for how cruel she was to Nathan. Okay, I kind of understand where's she's coming from with her hate for Nathan but still I kinda hate her so I could strangle her so Nathan wouldn't have to.
 
9. Do you own any bookish possessions that aren't books? - jewellery, bookmarks, etc.
Yes, I do. Some bookmarks that I've got from some lovely authors - both paper bookmarks and metallic. I love bookmarks so much and I collect them so I'm always beyond happy if I get one. I've some bracelets made by Saruuh Kelsey and they're cool too. And of course, I've the time turner neckles from Harry Potter.
 
10. If you could take a trip inside the world of one book, which would it be?
There's so many book worlds I'd love to visit so it's hard to choose (I think I've said this during every question but it's true!) I'm going with The Merman and the Barbarian Pirate by Kay Berrisford because mermans and pirates and yeah, I'd love to be on a pirate ship!

And of course there's the obvious: world of magic aka Harry Potter.


I'm so unforgetably late with this because of reasons and that's why I'm not going to nominate anyone (I'm sure the one's I'd nominate have already done this).


No comments:

Post a Comment