Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!
I never miss a chance to share interesting and inspiring book quotes, so here we go and let the quotes speak for themselves;
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish."
Euripides, The Bacchae
"If you can't fix it, you have to stand it."
Annie Proulx, Brokeback Mountain
"I wish I were a girl again, half-savage and hardy, and free."
Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
"We accept the love we think we deserve."
Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
"Maybe we just lived between hurting and healing."
Benjamin Alire Sáenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
"Hope is determination, you think. Hope is desperation. Hope is a yearning you can't deny. And hope is just plain old-fashioned insanity."
Hal Duncan, Escape from Hell!
"To get what you want, you have to know exactly how much you are willing to give up."
C.S. Pacat, Prince's Gambit
"Not all those who wander are lost."
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
"Fight because you don't know how to die quietly. Win because you don't know how to lose. This king's ruled long enough - it's time to tear his castle down."
Nora Sakavic, The King's Men
"You cannot know how frightened gods are of pain. There is nothing more foreign to them, and so nothing they ache more deeply to see."
Madeline Miller, Circe

That Stephen Chboksy quote is so very true.
ReplyDeleteMy TTT.
Great list! I LOVED Prince's Gambit, this series is definitely one of my favorites. It has many cool quotes too.
ReplyDeletehttps://bookishtreats.wordpress.com/
I've never heard of Escape From Hell, but I do love that quote! I'll have to look it up.
ReplyDeleteThat's one of my favorite JRR Tolkien quotes, too. Love it!
Here's my TTT post.
I love that Perks quote!
ReplyDeleteMy TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/04/30/top-ten-tuesday-209/
Like the Euripides quote. It's easier to read a single quote than the whole thing. I'm currently reading The History of the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire (not without breaks to read other things) and although there are a lot of really good quotes in that book... it's over 3000 pages. Not something your average person is ever going to want to tackle.
ReplyDeleteI love these quotes. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteKrystianna @ Downright Dystopian