9 April 2019

Review: The Steel Prince Vol. 1 by V.E. Schwab

The Steel Prince (Shades of Magic Graphic Novels, #1)
by V.E. Schwab
Published by Titan
Graphic novel, fantasy

The youthful Maxim Maresh is sent to a violent and unmanageable port city on the Blood Coast of Verose, on strict orders from his father, King Nokil Maresh, to cut his military teeth in this lawless landscape.

There, he encounters an unruly band of soldiers, a lawless landscape, and the intoxicatingly deadly presence of the newly returned pirate queen, Arisa.








I'm so happy to be back in this world and to learn even more about the fringes of it, not to forget about different types of magic that was only briefly touched upon in Shades of Magic. There's certainly lot happening here: a pirate queen, who uses forbidden bone magic, young and untested prince, and fierce guard, who has lot to prove. There's fast paced action and magic, which I really liked. My only complain is that it was too short - I could have read a full novel! Luckily there's more of Maxim's adventures coming.

The Steel Prince has gorgeous art work. I loved how the magic Schwab created translated visually.

I will try to patiently wait for next instalment, because I need more from this world - and I want to know what happens during the Night of Knives!

4 of 5 stars

Add on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment