Top Ten Tuesday: Things That Make Me Pick Up A Book
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!
VILLAIN/ANTI-HERO POINT OF VIEW
Villains and anti-heroes fascinate me, and I love reading from the perspective of morally grey characters. Books like Vicious by V.E. Schwab and Lost Boy by Christina Henry certainly fits the bill perfectly.
UNRELIABLE NARRATORS
Yes, give me narrators whom I can't trust - I love trying to figure out the truth underneath the lies!
ADVENTURE FANTASY
Overall, I like fantasy. But my favourite type of fantasy is adventure - when there's quests, journeys and adventures.
ROMANTIC SUSPENSE
I like fast paced action, suspense and romance. Even better when it's all in the same book.
ENEMIES TO LOVERS
There's just something special when two people, who hate each other, learn slowly to love each other.
CLOSED DOOR MURDER MYSTERY
I like mysteries, but there's nothing like a closed door murder mystery. It's chilling to have a group of people who know there's a murderer in their midst. It's even better when basically anyone could have done it - it's fun trying to solve it.
RETELLINGS OF MYTHS AND LEGENDS
I love ancient myths and retellings of those are close to my heart - and some of my favourite books are retellings of Greek myths and legends, namely The Song of Achilles and Rick Riordan's books. Heroic adventures, gods and monsters just have that special magic.
FAVOURITE AUTHOR
I'm certainly more likely to pick a book by author whose work I've previously enjoyed - and pretty much guaranteed to pick up something by my favourite author.
I love retellings, too.
ReplyDeleteMy post: http://www.lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-things-that-make-me-pick-up-a-book/
Yes, yes, yes to villains and anti-heros and unreliable narrators. So much fun.
ReplyDelete