2 January 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!

I read plenty of new-to-me authors in 2017, and here's ten authors whose books I loved.

Anyta Sunday - She became fast one of my favourite M/M romance authors, and I read 8 books from her in 2017; she was my most read author of the year. I highly recommend Signs of Love series for everyone, and the standalones, Taboo For You & True Colors.

Lynn Flewelling - Once I read Luck In The Shadows, I was hooked. Flewelling's writing is so good and her fantasy world so vivid that I just can't help but love and adore it.

Cale Dietrich - His debut, The Love Interest, is a brilliant book, and I'm anxiously waiting for his next book.

Cordelia Kingsbridge - Kill Game left me yearning for more, and I cannot wait for the sequel. Absolutely brilliant crime mystery/thriller with M/M romance.

Zaya Feli - Stag's Run and Endurance are good, captivating fantasy novels with bisexual main character. Feli is definitely someone, whose work I'll check out in the future.

Elyse Springer - I fell in love with Heels Over Head, which was the reason I spend hours watching old Olympic diving games, so Springer deserves to be on my list.

JL Merrow - I read two books from different series and I liked both. In fact, I'm waiting for the next installment of The Plumber's Mate series, because I loved the first one so much. Merrow's authentic settings and on point accents etc. are what makes her books so real.

Austin Chant - Peter Darling is the best retelling of Peter Pan with a twist that I've read, so Chant had to be part of my list.

Max Porter - Grief is the Thing with Feathers was one of the only literary fiction books that I read in 2017. It was impressive one, and I liked the metaphors and the poems and the feels. Great debut from Porter.

1 comment: