3 January 2018

Bookish Goals for 2018

I don't really do resolutions when the year changes, but I like doing these bookish goals posts and trying to achieve them (at least partly).

First of all, I want to read at least 60 books.
This has been my goal for the last few years, and last year I managed to surpass it by reading 70 books. However, I'll start fourth year in university next autumn, and it'll be the hardest year with dissertation so I don't want to set too high reading goal.

I also want to read more classics.
This is a repeat from the last few years, too. Last year I failed totally, because I didn't finish any classics, despite being in the middle of few. I'll try to do better this year, because I really want to read Ancient classics such as Illiad, The Aenead, and The Golden Ass. I also want to read more Jane Austen, and finally finish Jane Eyre.

For this blog, I want to write more reviews.
In 2017, some months were great and I wrote a lot of reviews. Then again, some months were disasters and I didn't wrote a single review. I have a list of reviews of books I read in 2017 and 2016 that I need to write/finish writing, and I'd like to do so this year. That should be possible if I manage to be consisted with reviews posted.

I want to finish Nightrunner series.
I read Luck In The Shadows by Lynn Flewelling and fell in love. Since then I read three of the sequels and short story collection. I'm in the middle of fifth book and then there's the last two books, and I want to read all of them in 2018. Overall, I've been into finishing series lately, and Nightrunner is one of my all time favourites so I definitely want to finish it (and then probably re-read, because I won't be ready to let go of the world).

Lastly, I want to re-read old favourites.
I'm bad at re-reading. I re-read one book last year, and while I loved reading the story again, I didn't re-read more. Still, I want to read more favourites, and some are way due a re-read, like some of Harry Potter books, The Song of Achilles, and Pride and Prejudice.

That's all of my bookish goals for 2018. Do you have any bookish goals for the next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment