30 April 2017

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon Wrap Up

Here's my original TBR post for the readathon, but now it's time to wrap it all up!

First of all, I'm really pleased with myself; I managed to read 633 pages which is quite a lot for my reading pace. I started and finished The Blood of Olympus during Saturday and then on Sunday morning I managed to read 119 pages of The Hidden Oracle. And I had a blast doing so!

So here's the readathon in pictures:


One of my favourite quotes from The Blood of Olympus!

The best part of the story was definitely Nico's chapters, which I all devoured and loved so so much.

Closing survey
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
The first one, because I actually didn't get any reading done during that hour.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next year?
Personally, I recommend any of Riordan's books even if they are huge; they're all fast paced, hilarious and easy to immerse yourself with, and I really liked reading them during the readathon.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
Everything was just fine as it is!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I liked the twitter activity!

5. How many books did you read?
One and started another. But the book I read was 500+ pages so I'm really happy I got it read!

6. What were the names of the books you read?
The Blood of Olympus and The Hidden Oracle, both by Rick Riordan.

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
The Blood of Olympus even though I'm really loving how The Hidden Oracle started.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
I enjoyed both.

9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I would most likely be reader and I'll definitely participate as long as it doesn't clash too badly with university etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment