Heels Over Headby Elyse Springer
Published by Riptide Publishing
e-ARC (received via NetGalley)
New Adult, LGBT, contemporary, sports, romance
Jeremy Reeve is one of the best divers in the world, and he’s worked hard to get where he is. He intends to keep pushing himself with one very clear goal in mind: winning gold at the summer Olympics in two years. That medal might be the only way to earn his father’s respect as an athlete.
Brandon Evans is everything Jeremy isn’t: carefree, outgoing, and openly gay. With his bright-blue eyes and dramatic tattoos, he’s a temptation that Jeremy refuses to acknowledge. But Jeremy can’t ignore how talented Brandon is—or that Brandon has no interest in using his diving skills to compete.
They’re opposites who are forced to work together as teammates, but Jeremy’s fear of his own sexuality and Brandon’s disinterest in anything “not fun” may end their partnership before it begins. Until a single moment changes everything, and they help each other discover that “team” can also mean family and love.
I don't follow sports except Formula One, which is why I surprised even myself when my interest piqued with Heels Over Head. I think the best testament to this story and author I can give is to say that I was almost as invested to diving as Jeremy was, and now I want to watch all the diving competitions. Somehow, Springer got me interested in watching sports which I never really do.
Heels Over Head is very intense story that spams over two years - the two years that Jeremy is preparing to qualify to Olympics. Jeremy is nothing but intense, driven and extremely focused on his goal; to win gold at Olympics, to prove himself that he isn't weak and to earn his father's respect. Jeremy lives for diving only and he never slacks in his training or nutrition regime: basically, he never does anything else but train and go to his lectures. Well, until his solitary training changes when his coach, Andrey, takes on Brandon who's naturally talented in diving with little training as well as Valerie who's Jeremy's friend and has been diving for years. For first time in his life, Jeremy has a team he has to work with, especially when Andrey teams Jeremy and Brandon up for synchro diving. Brandon's quite new to the competitive diving and he's not too invested in it at first but he wants to prove himself to Jeremy. While Jeremy is totally focused to live and breath diving, Brandon enjoys having fun and not taking everything so seriously. He's fiercely independent and he's had life rough because his parents cut him off but Brandon still loves life - and wants Jeremy.
Brandon's extremely likable character and he's quite a sweetheart with a little bit devil may care attitude. I liked him a lot but somehow I truly rooted for Jeremy who wasn't always the nicest person - in fact he rarely even liked people and saw others as a distraction to his ultimate goal. But I loved him because he wasn't a bad person, he was scared and emotionally abused by his family and his sole focus was diving because it made him feel free. So I rooted for Jeremy, although what I rooted most were both Jeremy and Brandon because they were so good together. That's because they completed each other.
I really loved Heels Over Head, and I now it'll stay with me for a long time for various reasons. I fell in love with the story and became invested in diving which was quite surprising. It's brilliant and intense story with complicated and flawed characters and relationships but it all just made everything so perfect. Now I just need a sequel, pretty please?
I highly recommend!
Heels Over Head is very intense story that spams over two years - the two years that Jeremy is preparing to qualify to Olympics. Jeremy is nothing but intense, driven and extremely focused on his goal; to win gold at Olympics, to prove himself that he isn't weak and to earn his father's respect. Jeremy lives for diving only and he never slacks in his training or nutrition regime: basically, he never does anything else but train and go to his lectures. Well, until his solitary training changes when his coach, Andrey, takes on Brandon who's naturally talented in diving with little training as well as Valerie who's Jeremy's friend and has been diving for years. For first time in his life, Jeremy has a team he has to work with, especially when Andrey teams Jeremy and Brandon up for synchro diving. Brandon's quite new to the competitive diving and he's not too invested in it at first but he wants to prove himself to Jeremy. While Jeremy is totally focused to live and breath diving, Brandon enjoys having fun and not taking everything so seriously. He's fiercely independent and he's had life rough because his parents cut him off but Brandon still loves life - and wants Jeremy.
Brandon's extremely likable character and he's quite a sweetheart with a little bit devil may care attitude. I liked him a lot but somehow I truly rooted for Jeremy who wasn't always the nicest person - in fact he rarely even liked people and saw others as a distraction to his ultimate goal. But I loved him because he wasn't a bad person, he was scared and emotionally abused by his family and his sole focus was diving because it made him feel free. So I rooted for Jeremy, although what I rooted most were both Jeremy and Brandon because they were so good together. That's because they completed each other.
I really loved Heels Over Head, and I now it'll stay with me for a long time for various reasons. I fell in love with the story and became invested in diving which was quite surprising. It's brilliant and intense story with complicated and flawed characters and relationships but it all just made everything so perfect. Now I just need a sequel, pretty please?
I highly recommend!
5 of 5 stars
Add on Goodreads
Thank you, Riptide Publishing, for giving me a chance to read and review Heels Over Head!
(A copy of this ebook was provided in return for an honest review.)
No comments:
Post a Comment