21 July 2016

NY Times By the Book Tag

The tag was originally created by Marie Berg, and I found the existence of this tag from Helene Jeppesen.

1) What book is on your nightstand right now?
This romance with gorgeous Scots:

2) What was the last truly great book that you read? 
I have read some truly great book this year but the latest has to be Winter by Marissa Meyer.

3) If you could meet any writer - dead or alive - who would it be?
I'd really like to meet both J.K Rowling and Rick Riordan, because their books made my childhood and I still enjoy immensely of their books. So meeting them would be a dream come true.
 

4) What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?
I'm not secretive about the consistent of my shelves so I don't know if there's any surprise finds. It's mostly various genres of YA books, some adult fiction, lots of LGBT themes, classics, history books and dictionaries of various sort.

5) How do you organize your personal library?
I'm afraid I don't have any logical way of doing it. I still have a bookshelf full of books back in Finland and it's disorganized at the moment. My book collection here in Scotland is organized by size mostly, however I have a favourites shelf and a classic shelf plus my history books for university has their own shelf.

6) What books have you always meant to read and haven't gotten around to yet? 
Oh boy, there's a lot of those. Just to name a few;

7) Disappointing, overrated, just not good: What book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn't? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?

8) (1) What kinds of stories are you drawn to? (2) Any you stay clear of?
(1) I'm drawn to anything that's either LGBT or unique in some manner - even better if the books is both.

(2) I steer clear of stories I have heard contains love triangle - which is the reason why I'm still so hesitant reading anything written by Sarah J. Maas because apparently she's big on love triangles, and I can't stand them. I also mostly steer clear of plain heterosexual contemporary romance because I feel like after reading a lot of them, they all start to seem the same. However, if the premise sounds unique, then I'm always willing to give it a chance.

9) If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?
It would depend some on which country's president we are talking about. But it would probably be Atonement by Ian McEwan because I think it shows perfectly how wrong accusations can ruin multiple people's lives, and how perspectives are just that, perspectives, and not the ultimate truth. I think both of those are lessons that everyone should learn, especially world leaders if they haven't learned those things yet.
10) What do you plan to read next?
I plan on reading Vicious by V.E. Schwab before attending the YALC next week. So it'll be my next weekend read.

No comments:

Post a Comment