What's greater way to start new month than taking a look at previous one?
Yet again I failed miserably blogging-wise. BUT. I read eight books/novella/graphic novels. That's huge for me! Especially since I had three essays due in November, which I managed to turn in on time (even though all I wanted to do was binge watch Criminal Minds and binge read every book I own). I only got two reviews out there. I actually have two more written but for some reason or another, I haven't posted them yet. I'm pretty sure the months I have lots of university work are going to be more quiet blogging-wise, especially if I still want to read lots of books at the same time. However, in December all I have is three exams and the courses won't start until the last part of January, so I'm hoping to write lots of reviews and maybe do some other types of post. Let's hope I actually get a grip and finally figure out how to effectively make blogging part of my weekly things I need to do. (Maybe someone should just take all the TV shows away so I wouldn't binge watch them when I'm stressed out because of the uni work.)
In November I tried not to buy so many books as previous months. Mostly because I needed to buy gifts for friends and family. I still managed to get one book for free and buy some. I'm in a huge classic mode right now!
November's reviews:
A Monster Calls (5 stars)
Against Reason (3 stars)
Reading was good this month. I nailed it. I started by finishing Scartlet by Marissa Meyer, and reading The Queen's Army novella right after that. I did read half of Cress after that until I hit a boring part I couldn't get over, so I haven't finished it yet.
When I needed a break from the Lunar Chronicles, I devoured Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. Then I read Sandman: The Dream Hunters by Neil Gaiman, and quickly devoured The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness.
Then I read The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, which is without a doubt the best book I read this year. It's perfection. I want to re-read it immediately!
Before the month was over, I read The History Boys by Alan Bennett, and finally finished reading Against Reason by Scatlet Blackwell.
I still have six books I need to read in order to finish the Goodreads Reading Challenge. I will nail it, and lucky me, after the exams I have tons of time to read, especially since I'll travel back to Finland for Christmas so I can read during the flights and airport stays.
Hugs,
Henna
No comments:
Post a Comment