The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5)by Marissa Meyer
Published by Square Fish
Paperback - bonus content in Scarlet (purchased)
YA, fantasy, sci-fi, novella
It is time. The boy must leave his family to serve in the Queen's army. To be chosen is an honor. To decline is impossible. The boy is modified. He is trained for several years, and learns to fight to the death. He proves to the Queen—and to himself—that he is capable of evil. He is just the kind of soldier the Queen wants: the alpha of his pack.
The Queen's Army is a novella about the background of Wolf (or Ze'ev Kesley, but I'll forever prefer Wolf), and it tells about the training Wolf got and how he become an alpha. It's no secret that I fell in love with Wolf heads over heels when I read Scarlet. Therefore I had great expectations for The Queen's Army - and it met all of them. It's a short novella, around eighteen pages, but it captures Wolf's character perfectly and it's truly captivating. The whole concept of Wolf fighting to keep the little bit of humanity he had left - him fighting hard so that he wouldn't become utterly mindless beast with fur and all.
For all its shortness, The Queen's Army is probably one of the best - if not the best - novella I've ever read. It's captivating, brilliant and there's absolutely nothing unnecessary as novellas usually are full of. I highly recommend this for everyone who loves The Lunar Chronicles, and Wolf. Because he's darling (and he ate my heart; I don't even want it back).
5 of 5 stars.
The Queen's Amy on Goodreads.
No comments:
Post a Comment