Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!
I have read so many books from new-to-me authors this year, Maybe next year I finally have to get a grip and read tons of sequels or other books from authors I love instead of favouring the new and exciting faces. Anyway, here's ten amazing authors I read for the first time in 2015!


Madeline Miller
My newest favourite and love. She wrote the brilliant, genius, retelling of Achilles and Patroclus (The Song of Achilles) and I devoured the story and fell in love with everything. She inspired me to finally purchase The Iliad and I'm going to read it over the break between semesters. I watched her interviews and she's so intelligent and inspiring, and I'll read her other books if she publishes anything ever.
My newest favourite and love. She wrote the brilliant, genius, retelling of Achilles and Patroclus (The Song of Achilles) and I devoured the story and fell in love with everything. She inspired me to finally purchase The Iliad and I'm going to read it over the break between semesters. I watched her interviews and she's so intelligent and inspiring, and I'll read her other books if she publishes anything ever.
Becky Albertalli
She's THE debut author of the year if you ask me. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda is brilliant in every way, and I can't wait for what Albertalli comes up next. She's also so sweet and nice!
I can't believe how long it took me to finally read The Perks of Being A Wallflower. It was raw and amazing, and Chbosky became one of my favourites because of it.
Marissa Meyer
I finally dived into the Lunar Chronicles world this year. Cinder was a bit rocky for me because I loved the world-building and writing style but I wasn't particularly a huge fan of any of the characters. Scarlet changed that because Scarlet and Wolf are the most awesome characters ever. Especially Wolf, who ate my heart. So yeah, I'll probably read everything Meyer writes now on.

Malorie BlackmanI read Boys Don't Cry and I was taken by it. I was so happy to read contemporary YA that took place to United Kingdom instead the usual US. That was so cool and Blackman had a nice writing style. I have to check out her other books sometime!
Megan Erickson
Trust the Focus was so good. I loved it so much. I definitely need to read more from Erickson because her book was the perfect NA contemporary romance: it wasn't overly sweet and tacky and cliche - which is so amazing. Her book was just what I look for when I'm in the mood for contemporary romance!


Cordelia Jensen
Skycraping, her debut, was awesome. It was beautiful, real, and so great story written in verse and I loved it. Jensen herself was really nice - I actually won an ARC of the book via twitter, and she was nice and sweet, and yeah, the story was so great it became one of my favourites, and there was no way I wouldn't include her on this list.
Skycraping, her debut, was awesome. It was beautiful, real, and so great story written in verse and I loved it. Jensen herself was really nice - I actually won an ARC of the book via twitter, and she was nice and sweet, and yeah, the story was so great it became one of my favourites, and there was no way I wouldn't include her on this list.
Emmi Itäranta
She's originally from Finland (same country as I am from) and she lives in England - she writes her books both in Finnish and English, and Memory of Water was truly original story, and I loved the feel of the story.

Patrick Ness
I had heard all about how amazing Patrick Ness's books were for years. This year I finally got around reading some. I devoured A Monster Calls because it was so goo. I enjoyed a great deal The Rest of Us Just Live Here. Yeah, I'm a fan of Ness from now on. I definitely need to read more of his books. Luckily for me, I own More Than This.
I had heard all about how amazing Patrick Ness's books were for years. This year I finally got around reading some. I devoured A Monster Calls because it was so goo. I enjoyed a great deal The Rest of Us Just Live Here. Yeah, I'm a fan of Ness from now on. I definitely need to read more of his books. Luckily for me, I own More Than This.

Jay Bell
I think Bell is somewhat known in YA LGBT community, and I finally read one of his books, Kamikaze Boys. I liked it a lot, and I'm excited to read his Something Like -series and other standalones in the future.


If you like Malorie Blackman, you definitely have to read Noughts and Crosses!
ReplyDeleteMy TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/top-ten-tuesday-34/
I love The Song of Achilles as well. It's such a great story, and an interesting take on a classic.
ReplyDelete