15 December 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books I Read In 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!


The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
I don't know how I have missed this for years. It blew me away, tore my heart and soul into million tiny pieces, and then it mended me again. Miller's writing is gorgeous, and the story is everything. It's a retelling of Achilles and Patroclus from their early years until the end of Trojan War. Although, it is pretty accurate so it's not a retelling that just uses the characters. Definitely my favourite book of 2015.


Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Simon was fourth book I read in 2015 and it has stayed with me ever since. It blew me away because it was so witty, brilliant and funny. It was everything, and made me crave for oreos. Everyone should read Simon!


Earth Star & Earth Flight by Janet Edwards
The second and third book of Earth Girl trilogy, and I marathoned them. I can't decide which one I like the best so I'll say both of them. Edwards' trilogy is so great because every book was good and exciting and the characters stayed true to themselves.


Half Wild by Sally Green
My most anticipated sequel of the 2015. MY SHIP SAILED FOR A WHILE. And it better sail full on in the last book (which comes out next year) or I'm going to be angry. I love Gabriel, and Nathan, and so many other characters (but not Annalise, she can disappear and never come back). But yeah. Half Wild was brilliant and it broke my fragile shipper heart.


Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
I don't even know what I expected from this book, but it was nothing like it. It was gorgeous praise for diversity and I loved how all the character's lives intertwined together and how the book was narrated. It's so gorgeous. Go read it!


Trust the Focus by Megan Erickson
This is the kind of New Adult contemporary romance that I want to read, and which I enjoy greatly. Not cliche, not sappy, not predictable - but something real, beautiful and yeah, romantic without it being the only thing the book has to offer.


Skycraping by Cordelia Jensen
It's real, it's written in verse, and it hurts. Skycraping is so good because it's so real, and it deals with something many books doesn't - what happens, when you find out your father is HIV positive, and that your parents have open marriage? It's just so real and good, and I loved it so much.


A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
Brilliant. I don't have a lot words for this, but I loved it and it definitely deserves to be on my list of best books of 2015.


Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
By far the best book of Lunar Chronicles. Cinder was okay, and I'm struggling with Cress, but Scarlet I flew through. Scarlet and Wolf are the best, and I need more of them in my live. This was so fast paced, intriguing, mysterious, romantic, and just everything the series can be when the characters just click.


Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
It's Rick Riordan, so it's bound to be witty, full of adventure and action, and various mythological beings. I love all those things, I sure loved Magnus Chase, and I need the second book.


What are the best books you read in 2015?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books yet, but I can't to read Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda!
    Great List!

    My TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I look forward to checking out a few of the titles mentioned in your post this week.

    Here's a link to my Top Ten Tuesday post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-books-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next year is the year I will finally read the Lunar Chronicles - it's just a must at this point lol My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to read A Monster Calls for quite some time. I've heard a lot about Patrick Ness's brilliance. Great list!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently read tSoA and it blew me away, it's been a month and I still can't think about it without tearing up a bit, I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much!
    My TTT:
    https://thebookandthebone.wordpress.com/2015/12/15/top-ten-tuesdays-2/

    ReplyDelete