25 September 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books By My Favourite Authors That I Still Haven't Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!

Going through my favourite authors backlists are something I'm hot and cold; for some of them, I've read nearly everything and only missing a book or two, but for some, I'm so behind. This list I approached by naming the books by my favourite authors that I already own, but haven't gotten around reading yet. 
The Archived (and Unbound) by V.E. Schwab
I'm pretty proud to say that I've almost read all of Schwab's books! Besides Vengeful (which came out today and is next on my TBR), I haven't read the Dark Vault duology. I'm two chapters in The Archived and I should just finish it - and I will, after Vengeful.
White Road (and Casket of Souls & Shards of Time) by Lynn Flewelling
I love the Nightrunner series and I should just finish reading White Road and then tackle the last two books. However, I'm a little terrified because once I do that, then what? I can't imagine there never being a day when I don't need some Seregil and Alec in my life.
The Ship of the Dead & The Burning Maze by Rick Riordan
This is a little bit like the situation with the Nightrunner series - I'm deliberately avoiding these, because then Magnus Chase trilogy is over and there's still a year to go before next Apollo book. So I'm just biding my time until it's a bit closer to the publication of next Apollo book so that I don't have a huge wait between The Burning Maze and that.

Modern Monsters by Kelley York
York has been a favourite of mine for years and I have read most of her books, but Modern Monsters have been sitting on my shelves for a few years now. I'm pretty sure it'll make me cry and break my heart (as her books usually do) so I guess I'm just waiting for the right mood to read the book.
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith/J.K. Rowling
Alright, so I haven't read anything but Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts screenplay from Rowling, but I mean to! I'm especially interested in The Cuckoo's Calling and its sequels, and I even own the first one. I should just pick it up next time I'm in to mood for crime novel.
Mansfield Park & Sense and Sensibility & Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
This just shows how bad at reading classics I am. Pride and Prejudice is my favourite classic alongside Wuthering Heights, but despite reading P&P in my early teens, I haven't read anything else by Austen (well, if I don't count one really short story). I own some of them and I should pick them up and read them. And then I can start watching the movies/TV series, which I've been avoiding so that I won't be spoiled.

2 comments:

  1. I have not read V.E. Schwab but I've heard so many good things that I want to try her books! And I've never read Austen although as a fan of the Emma Thompson movie version of sense and sensibility, I do kind of want to try that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first Archived book and enjoyed it, but I still haven't read the second one yet.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/09/25/top-ten-tuesday-178/

    ReplyDelete