12 August 2018

ARC Review: Challenging Chance by Anyta Sunday

Challenging Chance (Love Letters, #3)
by Anyta Sunday
Self-published
eARC
LGBT, contemporary, romance

C is for Chance Roosevelt-Sutton. 
Chiseled jaw. Smug attitude. Wild ways. 
Chained to his ego - or so everyone thinks. Except his personal assistant, Brook. He knows better. 
Chance is challenged to make his father happy for once, but he needs Brook's help. 
Choosing honesty is too risky, so instead they choose secrecy. 
Choked by their pasts, they dream of a better life... and 
Charm each other into submission.
Will their pasts ruin what they have, or will they grow together?
C is for Challenging Chance. 

I have to be honest: after Admiring Ash and Begging Ben, I wasn't sure how I felt about reading a book about Chance Roosevelt-Sutton, when he had been egoistical and mean towards Landon. Only reason why I gave him, and this book, a chance was because it's written by Anyta Sunday and I love her books. Oh boy, was I proven wrong to be hesitant to start Challenging Chance. In fact, it might just be my favourite in this series.

Challenging Chance is about redeeming a bad boy, but it's also so much more as it offers insight why Chance behaves the way he does. I truly felt for him: the lonely boy, who wanted to be accepted by his father and brother, and who didn't have real friends because his teammates only tolerated him as he paid for everything. It might not excuse his behaviour towards Landon, whom he had a short relationship with but ignored afterwards, because he wasn't ready to face his sexuality. Still, it explains why Chance is so deep in the closet that he doesn't even want a male personal assistant.

Challenging Chance is great, because it made me like and root for a character I previously disliked. Not only that, I liked Brook. He had made some really big mistakes previously, but he was trying to be better, he actually bothered to learn who Chance was without judgement, and his grandma was the best. Grandma (Patricia) was a total hoot! Supportive and a matchmaker ordinary with witty commentary. She's a star.

And of course, there was plenty of chemistry between Chance and Brook. Lots of will-they-won't-they and anticipation to see what happens; will Chance embrace who he is, or will he choose to live in denial just to please his father? My only complain about Challenging Chance is that it didn't have enough basketball in it, and it could have been a bit longer.

5 of 5 stars

Add on Goodreads

(A copy of this ebook was provided in return for an honest review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment