25 July 2018

Review: Taboo For You by Anyta Sunday

Taboo For You
by Anyta Sunday
Self-published
LGBT, contemporary, romance

Sam’s freaking out. He’s 30 in three weeks. And what has he done in his twenties? It’s pretty simple math: nothing exciting at all. But hey, he has three weeks right? Maybe that’s just enough time to tick his way through a 20s Must Do List . . .

Luke’s freaking screwed. He’s come out to his family, and his friends. Except there’s a certain someone who doesn’t know yet: his neighbor of 7 years. Who also happens to be his best friend. Who Luke needs to tell the truth, but he just . . . can’t . . . seem to . . .
Jeremy’s freaking over-the-moon. It’s the countdown to his 15th birthday, and his goal is simple. No matter what, he’s going to spend heaps of time with saucy Suzy. But first he needs to get his over-protective, no-girlfriend-'cause-you’ll-get-her-pregnant parents off his back. And what better way than pretending he’s gay?

Sam, Luke, and Jeremy. Three guys who have a lot of history together, and a lot of future too— 
—well, if they can sort out their issues, that is.

I actually read Taboo For You twice last year, but I have struggled to write a review. I love the story, characters, and it never fails to captivate me; in fact, just writing this, I want to pick it up again and read it again.

Taboo For You is classic Anyta Sunday book with oh so slow burn and clueless boys. Sam's anxious about his upcoming thirtieth birthday and wants to do some reckless things he never got to do, because he became a father at the age of fifteen. His son, Jeremy, is anxious too, but to spend time with Suzy without his overprotective parents breathing down his neck. And Luke, the likable, reliable Luke who's been there for both of them for seven years, just wants to make sure that Sam gets to experience all the things he yearns for. I have to say, because I've seen comments about it, but there isn't a threesome and the taboo in the title doesn't actually refer to anything that's really a taboo. There's a quote that explains it perfectly that I like:
"But it is... taboo, you know? No one really talks about it - it's sort of an off-limits subject. You can never know what someone's reaction is going to be, and that makes it hard for people to talk about and for guys to come out, you know?"
And yes, it's referring to coming out and being gay.

I love Taboo For You, because it's a captivating story about family and friendship. How it's never too late to experience new things and find love you were too oblivious to see before. I love it, simply because it's a sweet, funny romance that never fails to make me grin and smile. Sam and Luke are adorable!

Absolutely brilliant and cute romance, and I wholeheartedly recommend it!

5 of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment