29 July 2018

Dewey's 24 Hour Summer Readathon Wrap Up

Here's my TBR post for the readathon, just if you want to see how much I didn't read and how I deviated from any TBR I set for myself.

Yeah, this time around the readathon didn't go as I planned. I volunteered on Friday and I was exhausted when I got home, so I didn't do any reading when the readathon started. Instead I slept a proper good nights sleep with around 8 hours. And Saturday, well, I was a hella distracted by many things (mainly Twitter, Youtube, and phone) so I only read 343 pages total during the readathon. It could have been better, but it also could have been worse, so I take it. Especially since I had fun during it as the people who run the readathon and other participants are so enthusiastic and friendly over Twitter.

Anyway. I finished one book, started another and read two comics and here they are:

Closing survey
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
It must have been around 9th hour of the readathon when I woke up, and it was pretty daunting as I felt like lazing in the bed watching movies all day instead of reading. Luckily coffee exists and I managed to get out of that slump!

2. Tell us ALLL the books you read!
I started with Pride and Modern Prejudice (a modern M/M twist on Austen's Pride and Prejudice), because I was already 36% into it. I loved reading it, although it took me most of the readathon to do so because I kept being distracted. After finishing that, I read seventh and eighth issues of Fence comic for something quick (and because I've been dying to read them!). Rest of the readathon I spend reading Imperial Stout and I got around half way mark before the time was up.

3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?
I continue recommending Rick Riordan's and V.E. Schwab's books because I can flew through them even though I'm a pretty slow reader. Also, just anything that you love and gets you excited so that inspires you to read more.

4. How did you feel about this first-ever Reverse Readathon? Should we do it again?
I loved it! Dewey's is my favourite readathon and it happens only twice a year so I'm always up to more. I'd say definitely do Reverse again!

5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep in October?
I'll participate as long as it's possible to do so around my schedule. I might not be able to participate in October, because it's usually time when I'm drowned in university assignments but we'll see how tight my schedule is this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment