24 May 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!

This time I decided to divide the top ten for two parts: five books I have less love and five books I have more love. So, here we go!

Books I have less love after all this time

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (read in 2012)
This was the book that got me hooked with young adult once again right after high school. I loved Patch, and in a way I still like him as a character no matter of his flaws. But everything else, well, I like to think I'm a bit more well read at the genre after four years and now I feel like the story, characters nor the writing is strong enough to earn my love. Hence, I have never finished the quartet because I haven't read the fourth book (also because the first book was the best and it was a bit of downfall after that). Nowadays I'm indifferent about this whole series.

Immortal City by Scott Speer (read in 2013)
It was so good and I really liked the Immortal City. But the sequel, Natural Born Angel, was a disappointment for many reasons. I thought it was only two books but there's third one. However, there was some things in the sequel that I just didn't like at all (like love triangle, bad choices and bad communication) and even though the sequel ended with a huge cliffhanger, I can't make myself to care at all. I love the first book - not as much as I once did, but I do love it - but the series doesn't get any love from me, not anymore.

Divergent by Veronica Roth (read in 2012)
Okay, I admit that I have had a bit rocky relationship with this one. It took me a lot of time to get into the Divergent but once I did, I loved it - I loved Four, the factions, and liked Trish. But then Insurgent happened and Trish become annoying and well, the time it took to Allegiant to come out, I totally lost any interest I had. There's better dystopias out there (in my opinion), and I won't be finishing this series.

The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout (read in 2012)
I devoured the first three books. But then there was a long wait for the fourth and fifth book, and honestly, I always found the main character very annoying but I forgave that because I liked the other characters. But now I just feel like the series is full of things and subplots I could care less and I most likely will never finish the series.

Partials by Dan Wells (read in 2013)
It was magnificent and I really loved Partials. But then I couldn't get my hands on the sequels first and now it's been over three years and I have heard so many negative things; how people didn't like the sequels. So I'm kind of leaning not continuing with the series and just reserve my love for the first book only.


Books I have more love after all this time

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (read in 2012)
My love for the whole series is eternal, even after four years when I read the first book. For me, Under the Never Sky is the dystopia of other young adult dystopias. I love everything about the series, and I plan on re-reading the first book this year.

Altered by Jennifer Rush (read in 2013)
I love the whole series, and time had not changed it. I devoured Altered within 24 hours - which I don't normally do. I did the same with both sequels and it's a testament of how good the whole series is. I love the characters, the action, and the fast-paced plot. It's perfect.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner (read in 2013)
I loved the book when I first read it. However, the sequels, the movies and the upcoming prequel - and meeting James Dashner - has made me love The Maze Runner more than before. It has a really special place in my heart now, and it will stay there.

Atonement by Ian McEwan (read in 2008)
I like historical fiction but I'm not fan of historical fiction that takes place during either of the World Wars. Atonement, however, is the exception to that rule. I read it first time in 2008 when I was fifteen years old, and I have re-read about four times after that. My love for the book increases after every re-read, and every time I watch the movie. It's incredible story, and I couldn't possibly love it more.

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
I'm not sure when I read Wuthering Heights for the first time. Sometime in 2008 and 2009, probably. I have read it multiple times and I have seen various different movies and TV shows based on it. It's my favourite classic. It's so good, and time hasn't decreased my love for it, no, it seems I love it more after every re-read.

Do you have similar experiences?

2 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way with The Lux Series. And I do mean EXACTLY. I don't think I ever will get around to reading book 4. The excitement has faded for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list :)
    I enjoyed the Maze Runner book as well, sadly i didn't love the books after the first one that much, but the first one was fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete