Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)by Marissa Meyer
Published by Puffin
Paperback (purchased)
YA, sci-fi, retelling, romance
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.
Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.
Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?
Winter was a great conclusion to the great series, and despite it being over 800 pages long, it kept me captivated. It was full of plans, adventure, danger, great romance, incredible character and brilliant world-building. It was everything I could ever wish from a last book of a series - of any book. Winter was pure genius from the first page until the very last word.
The feels hit really hard on me during Winter. There were so many aspects, so many plot lines to tie, and Meyer did it all brilliantly. I felt for the characters, especially for all the main characters, and I devoured the story because I needed to know what happened to them. I had some problems with a few main characters during the previous books, mostly with Cinder, Cress, and Kai. Cinder and Kai's character developments were amazing and I cared for them and their fates a lot now. Cress annoyed me previously but now she had strength and she was less jealous and judgmental than before. Scarlet, Wolf, and Thorne continued to be the holders of my heart, and especially Scarlet and Wolf (both together and separately) gave me the greatest feels because they are my favourite characters of The Lunar Chronicles. I need them to be happy for the rest of their lives, they must live at the farm and have many cubs because they are perfect together. I love how Wolf is both sweet and vicious, and how he's loyal to Scatlet no matter what happens. Scarlet so bold, fierce, and sarcastic, and she is such amazingly strong character that I couldn't help but love her from the beginning. Also Winter and Jacin, stole a tiny piece of my heart. Both of them so different from the rest of the characters, and Meyer truly portrayed mental illness well through Winter and her struggles. Winter was so sweet, intelligent and beautiful inside and out. I loved how quirky she was. Jacin's sense of loyalty and his protectiveness were the thing that made him great, but I also loved how much self restrain he had and his sarcastic moments were so hilarious.
Everything was perfect and I loved the journey so much. I devoured the story and it's truly captivating. Scarlet is still my favourite book from the series but Winter is not far behind. It's utter perfection, and I couldn't recommend it enough. Now I just need the Stars Above because I truly want to read the epilogue for the chronicles.
I highly recommend Winter, and the whole Lunar Chronicles.
5 of 5 stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment