Sam Frost @ Tsundoku did this tag, and I thought it would be a little fun to do it, so here we are! I recommend to check her blog for book and TV/movie related posts!
Reading on the couch or on the bed?
Couch, definitely. If I read on the bed, I'll fall asleep no matter how good the book is - so it's either coach or chair where I read.
Couch, definitely. If I read on the bed, I'll fall asleep no matter how good the book is - so it's either coach or chair where I read.
Male or female main character?
I prefer male, because I usually identify better with them. Actually, the gender doesn't matter if the character is well written and not irritating (however, when it comes to YA it's sadly so often that I found the female main character irritating). For me, it's more important that there's something I can identify with the character, or feel for them, than their gender. However, if in the past I have identified more with male main characters.
Sweet or salty snacks?
I don't eat while reading - which might not be healthy because I can spend a day reading and barely force myself to stop long enough to eat and drink.
Trilogies or Quartets?
Whatever does justice for the story. I think I have read more trilogies (or sagas) than quartets but it has not been conscious decision.
First person point of view, or Third?
I prefer third person point of view but again, if the book is well written, then the person point of view does not matter.
Reading at night or morning?
Night. In fact, around the Easter this year I spend five nights reading (and slept all mornings because of that). I usually continue reading captivating books at morning when I'm on holiday but because of university, my mornings and days are usually spend studying and at classes, so I usually read at night (and lose a lot of sleep but then again, sacrificing a few hours of sleep for a good story is worth it.)
Libraries or book stores?
Bookstores! I live for browsing bookstores, reading blurbs, admiring the covers, searching for bargains... However, it's a struggle to leave empty handed. I like libraries, I have always used them a lot and I wouldn't want to live without them, but sadly they demand you to return the books and I love collecting books.
Character driven or plot driven story lines?
I'd say character driven. I can forgive plot holes or even a little poorer plot if the characters are really good and I love them, but I'm not so forgiving if I don't care about the characters even though the plot is magnificent.
No comments:
Post a Comment