Lindsay Rey's video, go check it! (She's the original creator of this particular tag.)
Questions
1) What book have you been unable to finish?Cress by Marissa Meyer. I'm on page 323 but I hit on a slump last December because there's not enough of my two favourite characters and I can't find myself to care enough for the leads. I do love the story but I think I just hit a temporary slump that I haven't overcome yet (stupid me, of course I can't overcome it if I don't pick it up).
What book have you yet to read because...
2) ...you just haven't had the time?
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell because it's a classic and the edition I have is almost 600 pages long. So I know it's going to take a while for me to read it.
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell because it's a classic and the edition I have is almost 600 pages long. So I know it's going to take a while for me to read it.
3) ...it's a sequel?Well, technically it's a prequel of sorts but The Kill Order by James Dashner. I loved the Maze Runner trilogy but after finishing it I was not ready for the prequel and I haven't picked it up. Mostly because I've heard mix reviews. I'll try to read it during the summer so that I can dive into The Fever Code when it's published next autumn.
4) ...it's brand new?
A Hundred Thousand Words by Nyrae Dawn: I think I purchased the ebook last week. But I'm really excited about this because I read Rush a few years ago and I've been itching to read more LGBT themes books from Nyrae Dawn.
A Hundred Thousand Words by Nyrae Dawn: I think I purchased the ebook last week. But I'm really excited about this because I read Rush a few years ago and I've been itching to read more LGBT themes books from Nyrae Dawn.
5) ...you read a book by the same author and didn't enjoy it?
Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire. Well, okay, I read Walking Disaster and I liked it well enough overall but I didn't like Abby, the main female character. She got on my nerves so much. So I've not picked this one up even though it has a new set of characters but I guess I'm a bit afraid the female lead will annoy me as much as Abby did.
Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire. Well, okay, I read Walking Disaster and I liked it well enough overall but I didn't like Abby, the main female character. She got on my nerves so much. So I've not picked this one up even though it has a new set of characters but I guess I'm a bit afraid the female lead will annoy me as much as Abby did.
6) ...you're just not in the mood for it?Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt. I actually started this a year ago and I really liked it. But. It's already emotional and I know it'll get even more emotional, and I don't want to read it unless I'm definitely in the mood for it because I don't want to ruin the book - because I know I'll love it to bits if I read it at the right time.
7) ...it's humongous?
I don't have really humongous books in my TBR pile. I guess the longest is Winter by Marissa Meyer but I can't read it until I have finished Cress.
I don't have really humongous books in my TBR pile. I guess the longest is Winter by Marissa Meyer but I can't read it until I have finished Cress.
8) ...because it was a cover buy that turned out to have poor reviews?
I don't have an answer for this one because a) I don't do cover buy; no matter how gorgeous the cover, I won't buy it if the synopsis don't intrigue me, and b) I don't read reviews before reading the book; sometimes I read my Goodreads friends reviews but I'm still up to giving a chance for a book even though if they don't like it.
I don't have an answer for this one because a) I don't do cover buy; no matter how gorgeous the cover, I won't buy it if the synopsis don't intrigue me, and b) I don't read reviews before reading the book; sometimes I read my Goodreads friends reviews but I'm still up to giving a chance for a book even though if they don't like it.
9) What is the most intimidating book in your TBR pile?That has to be Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. I want to read and love it because so many people have good things to say about it and it's a classic and it's a Brontë, but I'm nervous. It's a classic and pretty long and I just want to love it but I don't want to go into with too many expectations. I've avoided spoilers and all, so I'm not even completely sure what's it's about except what the back cover summaries.
10) Who do you tag?
Everyone who feels like sharing their intimidating TBR!
Everyone who feels like sharing their intimidating TBR!
No comments:
Post a Comment