#TBRTakedown 3.0 is a week long read-a-thon, which will be running from January 4th (12:00 AM) to January 10th (11:59 PM). It's hosted by @leaninglights, and you can watch the introduction video here. The video also contains the seven challenges for the read-a-thon.
This will be the very first read-a-thon I'm participating that's hosted by someone else (I have done a few short read-a-thons with a friend). I'm not sure how much I get reading done as next week is my birthday week, but I don't have classes yet. I decided to join the #TBRTakedown just today, which is why my TBR is a little hastily thought. I plan on reading more than the four books which I'm reading for the challenges. I just haven't decided yet what else I'm going to read. However, these are the challenges, and the books I'm about to start the read-a-thon:
1. Read a book from your most recent book haul.
For this challenge, I plan on reading The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe.
2. Read a book on your TBR Shelf over a year (or longest).
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo have been on my TBR shelf for almost two years now, so that's my choice for this challenge.
3. Read a book outside your comfort zone! (Genre, content, etc).
I haven't decided any book for this challenge yet. I'll see during the read-a-thon if I'll do this one at all.
4. Read a first book in a series.
I'm combining challenges here, and Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo will be my choice.
5. Complete a series/Read a sequel in a series.
I plan on reading The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan, a sequel to The Lost Hero, and second book in The Heroes of Olympus series.
6. Read a FIRE color book (Fire colours such as shades of red, pink, purple, lilac, burgundy.) Lucky Colors for 2016.
I have a few choices for this one, but I can't make myself to decide. I'm a mood reader so I'll probably make the decision some time during the read-a-thon.
7. Read a non-novel item: poem, verse, novella, short story, etc.
The Night Is Darkening Round Me by Emily Brontë is my choice; it's a short collection of Brontë's poems.
I'll make another post after the read-a-thon is over, to show you how much reading I did during the week, and which challenges I conquered.
There's still time to join the read-a-thon, so if you have time, do so. If you want to leave a link to your post/video about participating the #TBRTakedown, please do so, and I'll check it out and follow your progress :)
Good luck with the readathon!
ReplyDeleteKrystianna @ Downright Dystopian