All of these are my personal opinions, so no hate, please.
1. A popular book or series that you didn't like.
1. A popular book or series that you didn't like.
Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I loved the idea and the concept of the book. But it felt flat, and the main character didn't click with me. I also got spoiled about what happens in the second and third book, and I'm kind of happy I never continued to read the series. That kind of love triangle and other stuff around it isn't the kind of books I enjoy to read.
2. A popular book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
Hate might be a little bit strong word, but indifferent or just dislike might be more correct in this case. It's pretty much tie in between The Maze Runner by James Dashner and Half Bad by Sally Green. I love both of them until the end of times, but it seems that people didn't like Half Bad and many didn't keep up with The Maze Runner series. However, I love both of them and I will defend them until my last breath. They're amazing, brilliant and my loves.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don't like.
Spoilers for The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Wuthering Heights.
Spoilers for The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Wuthering Heights.
This happens a lot to me. Generally I root for the other one, not the one the main character ends up with - which is why I hate love triangles (well there are other reasons, but this is the main one). I've learned to avoid love triangles (which is why I still haven't read Throne of Glass as I heard there's a love triangle and I really don't want to subject myself to it). But yeah, to name a few where the character ended up with the person I didn't want them to: The Hunger Games (if I have to choose between Peeta and Gale, I choose Gale), Harry Potter (well, it was not love triangle but I really dislike Ginny and Harry would be so much better off with ANYONE else) and Wuthering Heights (I mean, I love this book to bits and will always love, but Cathy and Heathcliff belongs together! But I wouldn't change anything about this book, I just didn't like with whom Cathy ended up with even though I totally understand why it happened)
4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for.
High fantasy. I like fantasy, I really do, even though I might lean more on paranormal side. But I'm just not fan of high fantasy elements (such as the normal hero/heroine even though there's nothing normal in them, or the quest to defeat the evil, or the romance that's so predictable, or the love triangle that usually happens, etc.) Give me a rule breaking high fantasy and I will devour it, but until them I'm wary of everything labelled as high fantasy. Just give a high fantasy from the point of the villain or LGBT high fantasy, or anything that breaks the element rules high fantasy seems to have.
High fantasy. I like fantasy, I really do, even though I might lean more on paranormal side. But I'm just not fan of high fantasy elements (such as the normal hero/heroine even though there's nothing normal in them, or the quest to defeat the evil, or the romance that's so predictable, or the love triangle that usually happens, etc.) Give me a rule breaking high fantasy and I will devour it, but until them I'm wary of everything labelled as high fantasy. Just give a high fantasy from the point of the villain or LGBT high fantasy, or anything that breaks the element rules high fantasy seems to have.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Augustus from The Fault In Our Stars. He was creepy. Plain creepy and if a guy like that would have approached me, I'd run away screaming. Maybe I'm being harsh. He did redeem himself in my eyes a little bit towards the end, but I still didn't get the love everyone had towards Augustus.
(Please don't kill me for saying this, just my personal opinion.)
Augustus from The Fault In Our Stars. He was creepy. Plain creepy and if a guy like that would have approached me, I'd run away screaming. Maybe I'm being harsh. He did redeem himself in my eyes a little bit towards the end, but I still didn't get the love everyone had towards Augustus.
(Please don't kill me for saying this, just my personal opinion.)
6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.
John Green. I'm digging a grave for myself, aren't I? I just, The Fault In Our Stars was okay. Papertowns was better but still nothing really special. Will Grayson Will Grayson was really good, but I still liked the David Levithan chapters way more. So I've kind of given up even trying more of John Green's books. He's funny and intelligent person but for me his books aren't anything special.
John Green. I'm digging a grave for myself, aren't I? I just, The Fault In Our Stars was okay. Papertowns was better but still nothing really special. Will Grayson Will Grayson was really good, but I still liked the David Levithan chapters way more. So I've kind of given up even trying more of John Green's books. He's funny and intelligent person but for me his books aren't anything special.
7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Well, I already ranted about love triangles so I'm going to answer something else. I'm really tired of seeing the whole "I'm nothing special, just a normal human being, except I really am not" trope. I mean, usually it's a girl, she's so normal except she only has one or two friends and she's stubborn and alone and plain looking - except when the plot thickens, she's the special flower and at least two or three guys will fall in love with her (so much looking plain and nothing special). Usually this follows some lost princess/lost important person/not entirely human trope.
Well, I already ranted about love triangles so I'm going to answer something else. I'm really tired of seeing the whole "I'm nothing special, just a normal human being, except I really am not" trope. I mean, usually it's a girl, she's so normal except she only has one or two friends and she's stubborn and alone and plain looking - except when the plot thickens, she's the special flower and at least two or three guys will fall in love with her (so much looking plain and nothing special). Usually this follows some lost princess/lost important person/not entirely human trope.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (or any other series from her). I heard the plot twist thing at the end of first book and everything else, and I'm just not up to that kind of deceiving and dragging from heartstrings. And there was the scandal years ago and yeah. Not my cup of tea.
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (or any other series from her). I heard the plot twist thing at the end of first book and everything else, and I'm just not up to that kind of deceiving and dragging from heartstrings. And there was the scandal years ago and yeah. Not my cup of tea.
9. The saying goes "the book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Paper Towns. I liked the book well enough but I think the movie was better and the actors did a good job.
Also, The Maze Runner movies I loved to bits. I'm not saying I prefer them over the books, I'm just saying that for once I don't care if they're different from each other as I love the books and I love the movies. I take them both.
Do you agree/disagree with me? What are your unpopular opinions?
Paper Towns. I liked the book well enough but I think the movie was better and the actors did a good job.
Also, The Maze Runner movies I loved to bits. I'm not saying I prefer them over the books, I'm just saying that for once I don't care if they're different from each other as I love the books and I love the movies. I take them both.
Do you agree/disagree with me? What are your unpopular opinions?
No comments:
Post a Comment