Erased (Altered, #2)by Jennifer Rush
Published by Little, Brown Books for Young Reader
Hardcover (bought)
YA, sci-fi, romance
"I wondered how long I would see that woman's face, too. Maybe forever."
They thought they had escaped. They were wrong.
After fleeing the Branch with Sam, Cas, and Nick, Anna is learning how to survive in hiding, following Sam's rules: Don't draw attention to yourself. Always carry a weapon. Know your surroundings. Watch your back.
When memories from Anna's old life begin to resurface--and a figure from her childhood reappears--Anna's loyalties are tested. Is it a Branch set-up, or could it be the reunion Anna has hoped for? Ultimately, the answers hinge on one question: What was the real reason her memories were erased in the first place?
Jennifer Rush delivers a thrilling sequel to Altered in a novel packed with mysteries, lies, and surprises that are sure to keep readers guessing until the last page is turned.
Fast paced perfection which hold me so tight I could only sleep for short hours before continuing. Normally a book, even a really good one, takes three to four days for me to finish it. Jennifer Rush must have cast a spell on her books because like I read Altered I also finished Erased on 24 hours after starting it. For me, it's sign of perfection. I admit, I had my fears that Erased wouldn't life up to my expectations that Altered sett but let me tell you, it was just as perfect and thrilling and stunning as the first one. It's a miracle - and shows that Rush knows what she does, book after book.
I'm pretty much loss at words with this one. I loved it, as simply as that. I'm grateful that there will be third book (Nick's book, I have to have it!) but some ways Erased left me a little bit sad because it was end for Anna and Sam's story. Stunning and witting end, but still an end. Their journey was colourful, filled with fast paced action and I lived it with them so it's hard to say goodbye. I hope we get more of Cas and Trev on Nick's book because yeah, I need more of them, too.
If you liked Altered, you're going to love Erased. As simply as that - this isn't one of those sequels which will bring you down with every unfilled expectation and promise. No, this is everything Altered was and even more.
That's all you need to know. Go buy your own copy, shush.
5 of 5 stars and everything else I can possibly give.
Erased on Goodreads.
No comments:
Post a Comment