30 July 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Just HAD to Buy... But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelves

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!

For the freebie week, I'm visiting an old topic that I found from the list of past TTT topics. There's a lot of books I just had to get as soon as they were published - a few I even bought as hardcovers even if I don't particularly like hardcovers and rarely get them. However, for one reason or another, these books still sit on my shelves unread.

I'll start off with books first in series or standalones that I anticipated, bought and then haven't started them. But I will! I'm still intrigued by these and all of them are on my TBR... I just need a push to actually pick them up.


And these are sequels to books I've loved, but just haven't picked them up yet. In the case of Iron Breakers, I want to reread the first two books before tackling The Floodgates; The Burning Maze I actually saved to be read closer to the next book's publication; and Vengeful, well, I'm a bit terrified that I won't love it as much as I loved Vicious.


5 comments:

  1. I hope you'll find time to read all of these books soon. There's never quite enough reading hours in the day, is there? :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely relate to Sinner - I've owned it for years, and at this point I'm unsure I'll ever get to it. The Gentleman's Guide is fantastic, though! I highly recommend you read it, because the characters are so fun to read about. :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crying, because we have so much in common. I have half of these books sitting abandoned on my shelves and/or Kindle, too, and I have no idea why except that I'm a horrible bookworm. xD I'm dying to read Nevernight, but I refuse to read it before Darkdawn comes out because I heard Godsgrave has a wicked cliffie, so I want to marathon the three of them! I also own The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue in both signed hardback and Kindle and yet I STILL haven't read it, and I don't know what's wrong with me. I've got Shiver on my shelf, which I haven't read yet, but I've heard such great things about the author that when I saw the book at a local sale, I grabbed it. And yes to Vengeful! It's the one book on this list I actually did read so far! Woot! If I'm honest, I didn't love Vengeful as much as Vicious, but that's because I grew so attached to Eli and Victor, and Vengeful extends to cast. So it has its own pros and cons, but if you loved Vicious, I think you'll enjoy it.

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so intrigued by Nevernight too! I still don't even own it but I'm definitely going to get my hands on it. I'm also a fan of the Shiver series but I didn't realize until recently that Sinner was part of it!

    bookstune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH, I feel like we are all sooo guilty when it comes to buying certain books and just letting them sit around for a while before we either read or purge them. I hope you get to some of these in the future and that when you do you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete