12 February 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: My Absolutely Favourite Couples In Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!

While most of these are also my OTPs, this list only has canon pairings. That means there's no pairings from some of my favourite series like Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, since I'm not huge fan of canon pairings on those.

Seregil and Alec from Nightrunner by Lynn Flewelling
Such a beautiful and strong couple, with a deep sense of loyalty - they might fight from time to time, but they always overcome disagreements. I just ship them so hard!

Nathan and Gabriel from Half Bad by Sally Green
I loved the journey; Nathan struggling with his first love, and slowly realizing what's right in front of him. Of Gabriel patiently waiting for him. Sally Green broke my heart to pieces, it's tragic but oh so good and I loved every torturous moment.

Elizabeth and Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Classic romance that I just can't get enough. I love a good obstacle, of misconceptions driving people apart only for them to overcome their differences.

Achilles and Patroclus from The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (and from Illiad)
Most intense and passionate romance ever. In one word: epic. I don't care what 19th and 20th century historians, and Hollywood, says; the contemporaries agreed them to be lovers instead of beloved friends so that's what I'm going with.
  Image source

Jack and Ethan from Death and the Devil by L.J. Hayward
Oh how I ship them; both are deadly and their relationship is intense. The struggle of getting there is a beautiful story to read.
Damen and Laurent from Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
Enemies to lovers with a real obstacles and struggles, which is absolutely stunning story. Pretty much the best enemies to lovers out there.
  Image source

Alucard and Rhy from Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
I liked both Alucard and Rhy before I shipped them; both are such fascinating characters and together they are just so damn adorable.

Scarlet and Wolf from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Oh, what a tale of reluctant trust, betrayal, devotion, heartbreak and fight for each other their story is. Both are so badass and devoted to each other in the end. I had few issues with the whole series, but Scarlet and Wolf carried it through for me.
  Image source

Wesley and Lloyd from Gemini Keeps Capricorn by Anyta Sunday
Funny, adorable, heartwarming. That's what Wesley and Lloyd's romance is and I loved every second of it.

Jarra and Fian from Earth Girl by Janet Edwards
Jarra and Fian's romance is cute and definitely one of my favourite in YA.

2 comments:

  1. So many people have been talking about The Song of Achilles this week. I'm getting quite curious about it.

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your list! I also loved Scarlet and Wolf! And I recommend Pride by Ibi Zoboi for a really great modern remix of Pride and Prejudice.

    ReplyDelete