I don't really do resolutions when the year changes, but I like doing these bookish goals posts and trying to achieve them (at least partly).
First of all, I want to read at least 70 books.
Last year my goal was 60 books and I surpassed it by reading 85, which is amount I haven't read it years, if ever. So this year I set the goal for 70, a little low maybe, but I'm in the middle of writing dissertation and it'll take a lot of my time.
I also want to read more classics.
Yes, I have failed with this pretty much every year that I have set it as my goal, and last year wasn't exemption. However, I still want to read more Ancient classics, so I'll leave it as my goal and hope that this year will be different.
I want to read more fantasy.
And mostly adult high fantasy. I love fantasy, have always loved it, but I haven't read much of it. Last year I read few, but this year I want to start some bigger fantasy series, including The Gentleman Bastards, The Greatcoats, and Robin Hobb's books.
Lastly, I want to re-read old favourites.
I'm bad at re-reading, however last year I re-read some of my all time favourites: The Song of Achilles, Vicious and Captive Prince. This year I want to finish the latter trilogy re-read, and then read again whatever I'm in a mood for.
That's all of my bookish goals for 2019. Do you have any bookish goals for the next year?
No comments:
Post a Comment