Here's my original TBR post for the readathon, but now it's time to wrap it all up (and to witness just how much I deviated from the original TBR).
First of all, I'm very pleased with myself; I managed to read 688 pages which is enough for me, as I started pretty slow. On Saturday, I read Peter Pan, The Traitor and a few chapters of Lock Nut. On Sunday morning I finished Lock Nut and read twenty pages of Jason and Medea. And I had a blast doing so!
Closing survey
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
First one was daunting, because I was feeling sleepy and cranky in the morning before the readathon started. So I spend the first hour watching The Great British Bake Off instead of reading.
2. Tell us ALLL the books you read!
I started with Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie, which was a bit slow paced read, and then dived into The Traitor by Allen Zadoff, which I flew through. After that I read remaining half of Lock Nut by JL Merrow, which I had started before the readathon. Last twenty minutes of the readathon I spend reading twenty pages of Jason and Medea by Apollonius of Rhodes.
3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?
Based on this and last year, I flew through Allen Zadoff's, Rick Riordan's and V.E. Schwab's books. Big and fast paced books with adventure and engaging plot, that's what I recommend as it's easy to immerse yourself to the story and fly through it.
4. What's really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you smile?
Well, this time I followed the twitter account quite closely, and the photos of pets made me smile every time, so I'd say continue to do that!
5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?
I'll definitely participate as long as it doesn't clash too badly with university. Sadly, October usually isn't ideal with all the assignment deadlines, but we'll see what it is like closer to the date. I'm interested in volunteering to help, if I'm not too swamped with uni.

No comments:
Post a Comment