Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!
Doing this I realized just how many favourite book quotes I have, especially since I've done a similar post few years ago. But, here we go again with ten more of my favourite book quotes!
"Sometimes people need to lie to themselves most of all."
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
"I think if I gave you my heart, you would treat it tenderly."
Kings Rising by C.S. Pacat
"I lied to you about a lot of things... but I meant every apology."
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
"If you let the world in, you open yourself up to the world. Even if the world doesn't know that you're there."
Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
"Hope is determination, you think. Hope is desperation. Hope is a yearning you can't deny. And hope is just plain old-fashioned insanity."
Escape From Hell! by Hal Duncan
"If you ain't scared... you ain't human."
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
"It is definitely annoying that straight (and white, for that matter) is the default, and that the only people who have to think about their identity are the ones who don't fit that mold. Straight people really should have to come out, and the more awkward it is, the better. Awkwardness should be a requirement."
Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
"I could recognize him by touch alone, by smell; I would know him blind, by the way his breaths came and his feet struck the earth. I would know him in death, at the end of the world."
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
"I wish I were a girl again, half-savage and hardy, and free."
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
"If you can't fix it, you have to stand it."
Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx
Doing this I realized just how many favourite book quotes I have, especially since I've done a similar post few years ago. But, here we go again with ten more of my favourite book quotes!
"Sometimes people need to lie to themselves most of all."
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
"I think if I gave you my heart, you would treat it tenderly."
Kings Rising by C.S. Pacat
"I lied to you about a lot of things... but I meant every apology."
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
"If you let the world in, you open yourself up to the world. Even if the world doesn't know that you're there."
Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
"Hope is determination, you think. Hope is desperation. Hope is a yearning you can't deny. And hope is just plain old-fashioned insanity."
Escape From Hell! by Hal Duncan
"If you ain't scared... you ain't human."
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
"It is definitely annoying that straight (and white, for that matter) is the default, and that the only people who have to think about their identity are the ones who don't fit that mold. Straight people really should have to come out, and the more awkward it is, the better. Awkwardness should be a requirement."
Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
"I could recognize him by touch alone, by smell; I would know him blind, by the way his breaths came and his feet struck the earth. I would know him in death, at the end of the world."
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
"I wish I were a girl again, half-savage and hardy, and free."
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
"If you can't fix it, you have to stand it."
Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx

The Maze Runner and Wuthering Heights are my faves!!
ReplyDeletehttps://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-book-quotes.html
I love the quotes from The Song of Achilles and Wuthering Heights. Great choices!
ReplyDelete