15 November 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: All Time Favourite Movies

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!

In no particular order, here's my all time favourite movies:

Brokeback Mountain
Brokeback is probably the only movie that manages to make me cry, no matter how many times I've seen the movie (or read the short story). It's a beautiful, heartbreaking story, and the actors were spot on. Absolutely beautiful, and definitely my favourite.







The Maze Runner
I loved the book but I was a bit nervous with the movie adaptation, mostly because there has been so many mediocre book-to-movie adaptations lately. However, Maze Runner was brilliant! Different from the book, yes, but it worked so well. I loved Dylan O'Brien before and this just shows how brilliant actor he is. The rest of the cast were spot on, too.







Gladiator
I'm sucker for historical movies, especially those about ancient Greek and/or Rome. Gladiator is brilliant in many way but mostly I love the storyline and the actors.








Pride & Prejudice (2005)
The 2005 movie is the one for me - I have tried some other adaptations but this is the one for me, especially since I loved Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen as Elizabeth and Darcy. The movie is atmospheric, and the scenery is so beautiful, and it just does justice for the story.







Atonement
I don't have many words for this one, it's just so full of feelings and so brilliant. Everything was a spot on, the movie does justice for the book but works beautifully without it, too.








Bang Bang You're Dead
Originally I only watched this because Randy Harrison was in it, but I fell for the whole storyline. I think this is just one of those important contemporary movies that summaries the problems and the possible horrors of school shootings.







Underworld
Paranormal action movie that I just love. I love the whole saga this far, but the first one is my favourite. I like to watch action films but I prefer them with a fantastical twist such as vampires and werewolves - and no one does that better than the Underworld movies.






Beauty and the Beast
Naturally I couldn't leave out my favourite Disney film. And the new live action movie trailer seems so awesome that I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it too!








3:10 to Yuma
My dad got me into western movies because he used to watch them so often. This one got to my list because it's full of actors I like, and I really liked the storyline.









Pirates of the Caribbean
No list of movies is ever good enough without pirates, and Pirates of the Caribbean is the one for me. I loved the original trilogy, and I can't wait for the new one because for me, it's not the same without Will Turner. Luckily he's back for the new one so I'm overly excited about it!

7 comments:

  1. That's my favorite version of Pride & Prejudice. Kiera Knightley is such a perfect Lizzie. And Beauty and the Beast... my favorite Disney film. I'm so excited about the live action version!

    Here's MY TTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gladiator and Underworld are definite winners in my book. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually thought Maze Runner was one of the movies that actually exceeded the books, in terms of how good it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many brilliant films on your list. I especially love Pirates of the Caribbean, The Maze Runner and Beauty and the Beast. Everyone seems to love the Keira Knightley Pride & Prejudice movie, I really think I need to hurry up and watch that one. I picked to do my favourite movies for this movie freebie week, you can check out my post here if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesss, the 2005 version of Pride & Prejudice is one of my all-time faves too. No other version even comes close. And Beauty & the Beast is a classic! So excited for the live-action version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beauty and The Beast is one of my favourite movies too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/15/top-ten-tuesday-83/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only seen Brokeback Mountain twice, but I cried both times! I'm sure if I watched it again, same result : ) Great list!

    ReplyDelete