What's greater way to start new month than taking a look at previous one?
This month I failed as a blogger and as a reader. Then again, I managed to successfully move to another country, get my new flat together, get used to live with two flatmates from different countries than I am from, and I have been able to keep up with the university work (I knew it was going to take a lot of my time, but this is even more intense than I ever imagined). That's why I'm going to forgive myself even though all I managed to do was read two books and write four posts during the month of September. I think during October I can get the hang of blogging again, because by now I've gotten used to the uni work schedule and living in Scotland. And let me say - I love this country. I've loved UK for as long as I can remember and moving to Scotland was a dream come true. So beautiful, so friendly and it already feels more home than Finland ever did. If you ever have a chance, visit Scotland. It's breathtaking and the people here are so nice and friendly!
Of course I purchased tons of books - I mean, I'm in UK now. There's books everywhere. And the charity shops are killing me, all the beautiful books I've always wanted for one or two pounds. I'm not going to be able to resists (especially since all those shops are near my flat).
(And yes, The Scorch Trials is the limited signed/numbered edition - it matches my The Maze Runner edition, too! Also, The Dryad of Callaire is personalized.)
(photo by me)
September's reviews:
Shadow of the Wolf (2 stars)
Well, I did say I only read two books. I re-read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton right after the move while there was no internet in the flat. Oh boy did I fall in love with that book more than the first time! After that I decided to go for Teleny by Oscar Wilde - I wanted to read something from Wilde and I happened to have Teleny as I got it from a friend some time ago. It sure was different; bold, brave and yeah, quite erotic. After that I did start Better When He's Bad by Jay Crownover and Against Reason by Scarlet Blackwell but I haven't had time to finish those because of the university reading - but I hope to finish them during October and read some more.
I'm ten books behind my reading goal at Goodreads. Anyone, want to do a short (or long!) read-a-long with me? I really want to read more books that aren't required history books for university, but I feel like I need some motivation and someone to read alongside with me.
I really hope that I'll have more time to read during October. I do have three essays due November so I'll need to start those, but I'd like to read more. I think I at least try to work out some good schedule for university reading, classes, sports, reading and blogging. We'll see how I manage to do that :)
Hugs,
Henna
No comments:
Post a Comment