Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!
Loved
Renegades by Marissa Meyer
I disliked a lot the original UK cover so I was super happy to see that they did a redesign when Archenemies came out.
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
I liked the first cover, but I loved the new one more.
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
I love the new cover! The detail and illustration is fab.
The Near Witch by V. E. Schwab
I love the simplicity and colours on the new cover.
I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga
I think the new one fits the story better.
On the fence
Vicious by V.E. Schwab
I can't decide which cover I like more. I loved the original UK cover, but the new one is not bad either.
Hated
White Rabbit by Caleb Roehrig
It's frustrating when a book goes through a cover change between hardback and paperback editions - particularly when the hardback is gorgeous.
Release by Patrick Ness
Unnecessary colour change from hardback to paperback edition.
Obscura Burning by Suzanne van Rooyen
First one looks more pleasing in my eye, but it also fits the story better.
Boy Nobody / The Hit / I Am the Weapon by Allen Zadoff
This is one very confusing changes. The US edition is called I Am the Weapon while the UK edition was called Boy Nobody, until they did a redesign when the second book came out - and they changed not only the cover, but the name! I preferred the first name and cover, although I don't understand why the name have to be different from the US one in the first place.
I didn't realize a lot of these were redesigns! Vicious has a couple different covers after the redesign, and I'm really on the fence about them, too. Definitely prefer the new Renegades cover to the old one, too, along with the new Carry On. I love that they chose to put the covers on the front with the redesign. I really like The Near Witch remake, too!
ReplyDeleteHere's my TTT post.
It's difficult to tell sometimes if there's been a redesign - in this case, these all happened after I discovered the book and that's why I noticed the changes! That's true, there's so many covers for Vicious just in English editions.
Delete
ReplyDeleteHonestly, I agree with all of your opinions here. If you ever designed book covers for a living, I'd want to buy all of them. LOL.
My TTT.
Ahahah thanks for the vote of confidence, Lydia! :D
DeleteI like a lot of the newer ones but actually the first one for Renegades appeals to me more. So I wonder what the reasoning was behind the color change on Release?
ReplyDeleteThe updated Renegades covers are so much better. I love them!
ReplyDeleteKrystianna @ Downright Dystopian