The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)by Rick Riordan
Published by Puffin
Young Adult, fantasy, mythology, adventure
The House of Hades is the fourth book in the bestselling Heroes of Olympus series, set in the action-packed world of Percy Jackson.
The stakes have never been higher. If Percy Jackson and Annabeth fail in their quest, there'll be hell on Earth. Literally.
Wandering the deadly realm of Tartarus, every step leads them further into danger. And, if by some miracle they do make it to the Doors of Death, there's a legion of bloodthirsty monsters waiting for them.
Meanwhile, Hazel and the crew of the Argo II have a choice: to stop a war or save their friends. Whichever road they take one thing is certain - in the Underworld, evil is inescapable.
Remember what I said about starting to like Annabeth a little bit and about starting to accept she's the one for Percy? Yeah, I take that back. After the reveal in this book - the one I've been waiting for years and gave up as something that would never happen - I'm back to disliking Annabeth and definitely not shipping Percy/Annabeth. Plus, I just couldn't agree with Annabeth regarding the Tartarus and how she reacted when Percy went a little bit dark (in order to save them).
I'm just saying, but Nico needs a spin off series of his own. Plenty of hugs and love, too, because he's suffered so much. Anyway, The House of Hades was captivating and brilliant, and at this point, I'm pretty sure it's one of my favourites in the series. So full of adventure and dangerous moments that just got me to turn pages faster than ever. So stunning. I especially loved the budding friendship between Nico and Jason.
In short, The House of Hades was intense, stunning, captivating, and brilliant. Definitely one of the best in the series this far.
5 of 5 stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment