1 September 2017

Wrapping the Month: August

What's greater way to start new month than taking a look at previous one?

Oh, I read plenty in August. I read some of my new favourite books, met enchanting characters and got into adventure fantasy like no other. Reading wise, August was brilliant. When it comes to blogging, well, as you might have noticed, I was pretty inactive. I just spend my time either reading or binge watching movies/TV shows instead of blogging, which I feel a little bit bad about because I read so many amazing books but didn't get around writing reviews. As usual, I'll try to do better in September and during the months to come because I really like blogging and writing reviews. I'm just a bit obsessive personality when it comes to books/TV shows and when I'm on the binge, I hardly get around doing anything else (which is so bad for productivity).

I got two eARCs (Foxglove Copse & Scorpio Hates Virgo) and then these beauties. As you can see, I'm on a huge Lynn Flewelling binge read; I read Luck In The Shadows and absolutely fell in love with the Nightrunner series and I just can't stop reading them! I'm pretty sure I'll get the remaining three books in September because hello, I don't have any self-control when it comes to books I'm obsessed about. Speaking of which, I just had to get the US copy of Vicious. I firmly believe one cannot have too many copies of books they love.



August's reviews:
I was a bad blogger, and I didn't get around writing any reviews here. However, I did short mini type of reviews on Goodreads of all the Percy Jackson graphic novels I read: The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters & The Titan's Curse.


August has been the best month reading wise this year as I read 10 books (okay, three graphic novels and seven books) - and four of those books were huge, from almost 500 pages to almost 700 pages. I'm ecstatic about that because I often feel intimidated by big books but lately I've been conquering them. Anyway, here's what I read: 

  

  

 




I most likely won't have as good reading month as August for the last third of the year because uni starts again in September. My main goal for September is to actually blog more and write plenty of reviews of books I've recently read, so let's hope I'll get around all that!

Hugs,
Henna

1 comment:

  1. I love the Percy Jackson series and I just finished The Hidden Oracle last month :)) And Illuminae is such an amazing book, too! Have a great start back at Uni!

    Here's my August Wrap Up .

    xx Yasmine @ Swissbookworm

    ReplyDelete