Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week participating bloggers can create lists of topic given by the host, and share them with others!
I love a good villain; the antihero whose morals don't match with the hero, and who's just too compelling to look the other way. So yes, here's my favourite villains/antiheroes from books!
I love a good villain; the antihero whose morals don't match with the hero, and who's just too compelling to look the other way. So yes, here's my favourite villains/antiheroes from books!
Lucius Malfoy - Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
He's charismatic and just so Slytherin with all his ambition and self-preservation, and I couldn't help but love him.
He's charismatic and just so Slytherin with all his ambition and self-preservation, and I couldn't help but love him.
Draco Malfoy - Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
To me, Draco is more of an antihero than straight up villain; he makes bad choices and all that but he isn't evil inside. But oh, he's so compelling. He's my favourite character in the books.
To me, Draco is more of an antihero than straight up villain; he makes bad choices and all that but he isn't evil inside. But oh, he's so compelling. He's my favourite character in the books.
Victor Vale - Vicious by V.E. Schwab
If Victor is not compelling, then no one is. He's just the best antihero.
If Victor is not compelling, then no one is. He's just the best antihero.
Marcus Edge - Half Bad trilogy by Sally Green
Marcus was so mysterious and so little was known about him first, that I couldn't help but feel compelled to him - to know the witch behind all the dark deeds.
Marcus was so mysterious and so little was known about him first, that I couldn't help but feel compelled to him - to know the witch behind all the dark deeds.
The White Witch - The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Not necessarily my favourite, but White Witch is really compelling and powerful so I couldn't exclude her.
Not necessarily my favourite, but White Witch is really compelling and powerful so I couldn't exclude her.
Captain Hook - Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
Hook was my favourite in my childhood and I pretty much love him in every TV show and film he has been portrayed.
Hook was my favourite in my childhood and I pretty much love him in every TV show and film he has been portrayed.
Cruella de Vil - The Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith
Cruella seems so evil because she makes furs from puppies but there's something so compelling in her insanity.
Cruella seems so evil because she makes furs from puppies but there's something so compelling in her insanity.
Heathcliff - Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Again, I'd say Heathcliff is more antihero than villain, especially since Wuthering Heights has more antiheroes than truly good characters - which is why I love the story so much. But I couldn't exclude Heathcliff from the list because of reasons.
I haven't yet found TV miniseries or movie that has gotten Heathcliff right but some have gotten close.
Again, I'd say Heathcliff is more antihero than villain, especially since Wuthering Heights has more antiheroes than truly good characters - which is why I love the story so much. But I couldn't exclude Heathcliff from the list because of reasons.
I haven't yet found TV miniseries or movie that has gotten Heathcliff right but some have gotten close.
President Snow - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
He's interesting, and I still haven't figured him out which is probably why he's so compelling to me.
He's interesting, and I still haven't figured him out which is probably why he's so compelling to me.
I have to salute Jason Isaacs because he has represented two of my favourite villains, and he did it brilliantly!








I'm sorry, but Draco and his daddy are two of the worst Villains EVER! They act all big and bad, but when it comes down to it, they are just two big ol wimps!
ReplyDeleteMy Top Ten Tuesday!
I disagree on that because I think their self-preservation was strong which is why it might see why they were 'wimps'. And I think they were more idealistically antiheroes; they supported the idea of pureblood society but what Voldemort did was something they weren't prepared for. I guess it all comes down to what you look for a villain, and it's true that in 'scary' factor, Draco and Lucius are not high.
DeleteThanks for stopping by! :)
Ahhh I love your list! Snow is very compelling and interesting...I mean he's HORRIBLE and terrifying, but I'd also love to know more about his backstory and why he did everything like that. :O And yesss I love Victor Vale and Marcus Edge so much. <3 They are somewhat tragic as well as being terrifyingly dark. :')
ReplyDeleteHere's my TTT!
I love tragic and dark antiheroes! Victor and Marcus are totally high on that list :D I always wondered so much about Snow's background and how he ended up being so ruthless.
DeleteThanks for stopping by, Cait!
Great list!
ReplyDeleteMy TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/05/top-ten-tuesday-77/