What's greater way to start new month than taking a look at previous one?
August was a slag. I failed rather miserably to keep up with blogging and reviews, despite reading a very decent amount of books. Extra shifts at work and prepping for a Masters got in the way - most of the days I was simply too exhausted to blog and chose to read instead. It happens, and although I hope I can keep up with reviews and blogging while uni properly kicks in, I might slow down a bit. It'll be a tough year with full-time studies and part-time work, but I still want to get reviews done and keep up blogging, so I'll do my best.
I'm surprised how few books I actually got in August. All of these are proof copies that I got through work, and besides them I got a few eARCs and bought one ebook. I got into a habit of listening audiobooks when I commute, but I use services that allows me to rent most of the audiobooks that I listen.
I read eights books in August, which is amazing since Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix are gigantic! I finally got around re-reading the Harry Potter books and I forgot how much I enjoy the series.
My reading pace is bound to slow down a bit once I start to read history books again, but hopefully my new habit of listening audiobooks during commute ensures that I get to read a decent amount of books. I never wish to give up on reading for pleasure!
Henna








No comments:
Post a Comment