15 April 2014

Review: Passion by Lauren Kate


Passion (Fallen, #3)
by Lauren Kate
Published by Corgi
Paperback (bought)
YA, paranormal, romance with time travel

"Every single lifetime, I'll choose you. Just as you have always chosen me. Forever."
Before Luce and Daniel met at Sword & Cross, before they fought the Immortals, they had already lived many lives. And so Luce, desperate to unlock the curse that condemns their love, must revisit her past incarnations in order to understand her fate. Each century, each life, holds a different clue.

But Daniel is chasing her throughout the centuries before she has a chance to rewrite history.

How many deaths can one true love endure? And can Luce and Daniel unlock their past in order to change their future?



First book's enchanted, beautiful romance and second's more complicated love story turned out to be plain foolish at the third one. Luce and Daniel's love seemed to become, not all consuming and neverending, a foolish teenager romance that's bound to bore you out of your mind. That's mostly because the plot went nowhere. First fourth of the book was going forward nicely but then it became nothing more than showing off one's history knowledge - which, let me tell you, wasn't that impressive. Take all major areas of history and write a couple of nice but cliché love stories seemed to be Kate's plan. There was so much potential with the idea of Luce's travelling through their past and learning what their love is about.
 
Sadly, the book did not meet any of my expections mostly because the book was too long for the plot. It could have been summed to 150 pages and it would've been unique and thrilling instead of dragging reader along wishing for the end. Though, the end got my hopes up for the last part of this series.

I truly wanted to love this one as I loved Fallen, or even like it as I liked Torment. In the end all I could do was finish it. However, I did adore those small climbses of other characters and their past: Cam, Roland and others. Readable, but sadly too tedious to be stunning.
 
I'm going to give this series a chance to redeem itself with the last part.

3 of 5 stars.
 
 
Passion on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment