The Thousand Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars, #1)by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham
Published by Vintage
Mystery, contemporary, crime
Ten years after graduating from high school in Neptune, California, Veronica Mars is back in the land of sun, sand, crime, and corruption. She's traded in her law degree for her old private investigating license, struggling to keep Mars Investigations afloat on the scant cash earned by catching cheating spouses until she can score her first big case.
Now it's spring break, and college students descend on Neptune, transforming the beaches and boardwalks into a frenzied, week-long rave. When a girl disappears from a party, Veronica is called in to investigate. But this is not a simple missing person's case. The house the girl vanished from belongs to a man with serious criminal ties, and soon Veronica is plunged into a dangerous underworld of drugs and organized crime. And when a major break in the investigation has a shocking connection to Veronica's past, the case hits closer to home than she ever imagined.
I love Veronica Mars: I have watched the TV show multiple times and the movie, well, I think closer to ten times now. However, I have never read the books and after re-watching the show in May, I decided to finally tackle them, especially since season four is coming out this summer! I’m so happy that I finally read The Thousand Dollar Tan Line, and I enjoyed the book so much.
The book had all the elements that I enjoyed in the show: intriguing mystery with surprising twists, Veronica being snarky and witty, and great cast of secondary characters. And of course, Logan, who’s my favourite! Logan was still on his tour, but he’s present in Veronica’s thoughts, there’s plenty of mentions of him and skype calls and such. I did hope more of Logan, but then again, I could never get enough of him. Veronica was naturally the shining light and it was so nice to see how her life was after she returned to Neptune. The mystery was a solid one, it started out a little bit boring but got interesting fast and I didn’t see some of the bigger twists coming.
For the fans of Veronica Mars, this is a must read, but I’d say others could read it too.
Now I’m off to read the next Veronica Mars book.
4 of 5 stars
No comments:
Post a Comment