4 June 2018

The Aesthetically Pleasing Book Tag

This tag was created by Book Syrup on Youtube (you can check out her video here) a few years ago. I just found it, and decided to get my camera ready and find some aesthetically pleasing books on my shelves!

1. Best colour combo on a book cover

Release by Patrick Ness
I love blue in every shade and I tend to gravitate towards blue covers. This one is particularly pleasing because it has so many shades of blue!

2. Best typography/font on a book cover

Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb
I love old typography, how detailed and intricate it is. This one just screams medieval typography, which I really like. So stunning!

3. Best simple cover

STAGS by M. A. Bennett
Can it get any simpler than this? Just the title, tag line and antlers; it's gorgeous.

4. Best endpages

Vicious by V.E. Schwab
I'm pretty much in love with every cover there is for Vicious (and I own three of them, oops), but the new UK Collector's Edition has also stunning endpages, which are perfect fit for the story.

5. Best map

Captive Prince trilogy by C.S. Pacat
I love maps because they help to visualize the world, and I especially love following the character's movements throughout the map. Most pleasing maps for my eyes are the ones which are both detailed and simple; easy to follow and depict but still offers plenty of information.

6. Best naked hardback

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
I don't own a lot of hardbacks because I prefer paperbacks - the only hardbacks that I own are usually special editions or just books that weren't available as paperback at the time. Those that I own, are all gorgeous. However, I chose this collector's edition of A Darker Shade of Magic, because I love the naked cover with only As Travars in stunning font.

7. Best back cover

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
I could have picked up any edition of Harry Potter books that I own (Slytherin house edition, Scots edition or original Bloomsbury UK editions) because each of them has beautiful back cover as well as front cover. I chose this one because of one of favourite characters;

8. Best chapter headers

A Light Amongst Shadows by Kelley York & Rowan Altwood
I adore the chapter headers/pages in this book! Absolutely gorgeous - I love how the whole page is grey, how the white headers stand out and the design of the first letter. It fits the story, which is set in Victorian England. The book design in this one is just so stunning!

9. Best illustrations

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, illustrated by Chris Riddell
I don't actually own a lot of books with illustrations, but even if I did, I'd pick Neverwhere. The illustrations (and cover!) are stunning and there's a lot of them. I also love how it varies; sometimes it's a whole page of illustrations and sometimes smaller ones within the page.



10. Best spine

Percy Jackson series & Trials of Apollo series by Rick Riordan
This box set of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians is stunning! I also love the Trials of Apollo covers and spine design, so I had to feature both of them.


11. Favourite cover on your shelves

Lost Boy by Christina Henry & Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë & The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
I have so many favourite covers that I couldn't just pick one! So I chose three. Lost Boy is gorgeous with it's silhouette of Jamie, Peter and a hook. This edition of Wuthering Heights is the most stunning I've ever seen, I love the watercolour illustration of Heathcliff and Cathy. The Hidden Oracle just leaves me speechles. I mean, that cover is the reason why I ordered the US hardback online rather than getting the normal UK cover.



I don't tag anyone particular, rather just everyone who wants to do this! :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the color combo on Release. It's literally so beautiful. It reminds me a lot of Armada by Ernest Cline, which is literally the same colors. They're so pleasing to look at. Also, I love those endpages in Vicious. I have the paperback, and your post makes me want to get the hardcover.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete